Saturday, September 30, 2006

arse

or arse over tit more like! What an idiot

feeling really stupid....had very good intentions this morning when I set off to the gym to do an hour step aerobics class and then an hour of total body conditioning (not as good as body pump in the UK unfortunately but the next best thing over here...)

Step class was a little complicated (the way I like it!) utilising 2 steps per person...However...towards the end of the class I fell off the step catching my ankle on the way down and falling v awkwardly. Felt like a right div at the time as I couldn't immediately get back on it so had to sit on the floor like a wally. After a while the feeling came back so I carried on, finished the class and started to get ready for body pump....then it started hurting...then it got a bit worse and then I couldn't even stand on it so I left the studio and hopped my way to reception hoping they would strap it for me!

oh no....that would be too easy for them - they decided to call the ambulance instead!!! doh. They then took me to hospital (on a stretcher with everyone looking at me - how embarrassing). so 3 hours later I have a bandage, crutches and am late for brunch...oh how my mates are going to take the piss!!!

to prove how dangerous getting fit is though - at the hospital there was me in my gym gear with a sprained ankle, a runner with a sprained ankle and a cyclist in full black lycra cycling gear with a sprained ankle - like I told my doorman on the way back into the building from my trip to the gym (on crutches, still in gym gear) "don't go to the gym - its a really dangerous place!!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home